- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
We are looking to hire a software development manager for our software engineering team working on our commercial business adjudication system. If you are searching for an opportunity to grow your leadership and technical stills and enjoy solving complex business problems with technology, then this opportunity may be for you. Building inclusive, diverse, strong self-sufficient teams, which create products that provide extraordinary customer experiences, is at our core. This opportunity enables you to make a difference in people’s lives and drive improved health outcomes every day, to trail blaze innovation that matters.
As the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for directly managing a team of software engineers. You will own the team’s goals and end-to-end delivery of their contribution to the overall product roadmap. You will guide the team to improve their operational excellence. Working with the architecture team, you will assist the team in making architectural decisions. You will coach your team through decisions related to scalability, high-availability and other architectural characteristics have an effect on the performance of real-time claims adjudication. You will coordinate responses to production events and guide the team to resolution. You will provide software development and agile coaching and mentoring to your team to help them develop their skill and career progression.
Benefits and Perks at ESC
- Flexible work arrangements
- Currently will be working remotely
- Summer hours program
- Pension/Group RRSP & Company matching
- Educational Development Program (tuition reimbursement)
- Innovation programs and opportunities to submit innovations for patents (Cigna program)
- Access to online training resources (LinkedIn training )
- Competitive Pharmacy, Dental and Extended Health benefits including a Health Spending Account
- Lead and manage a software engineering team consisting of full time employees, contractors, and onshore and offshore vendor resources
- Coach the team on software development best practices, agile software development, and DevOps practices
- Work with the department director and senior manager on staff planning, budget planning and monthly forecasting
- Work with team on continuous improvement initiatives related to operational excellence both in development and DevOps
- Collaborate with the Product team and PMO to deliver roadmap features and fixes
- Collaborate with architects in the design of solutions
- Maintain and improve the development team’s high standards in writing quality scalable and supportable code, complete with appropriate unit tests, automated testing, documentation, and operationalization aspects in a CI/CD environment
- Lead production support and operations activities working closely with other teams (Infrastructure, Customer Services among others) to maintain optimal levels in service availability and performance
- Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor
- Identify opportunities for innovation and drive improvement in our products, processes and services
- Working collaboratively with other departments within Express Scripts Canada, provide IT operational and technical subject matter in support of strategic initiatives. This can involve meeting/speaking directly with customers and senior executives
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with application software development
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Minimum 3 years of management experience leading full-stack teams with a minimum of 5 direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-set
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile methods and DevOps
- Proficiency in on CI/CD principles and best practices
- Knowledge of architecture patterns and design patterns
- Docker, Kubernetes or Red Hat® OpenShift® experience
- Prior development experience:
- Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) – Fico, Drools
- developing complex high transaction volume applications in Java
- developing web services using REST or GRPC
- working with Spring and Spring Boot
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM) performance tuning
- SQL performance turning
- Excellent written and verbal communication with experience responding to RFPs
- A passion to learn and solve complex problems
Nice to have skills:
- Agile testing practices (such as TDD, BDD) and testing automation processes and tools
- Familiarity with health care, financial or PBM industry
- Experience preparing budgets and forecasts
Deadline for internal candidates to apply is July 30th, 2021
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: