- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Software Engineering Senior Advisor
Engineer will work on a team of truly talented individuals and be responsible for design, build and testing (using automation scripts but not limited to unit/integration/performance testing) of Individual & Family Retail Health Insurance applications and its components that interface with complex enterprise systems and external vendor systems. Engineer will have solid knowledge working with complex distributed applications and passion for technologies by solving data integration challenges. Individual will have zeal and drive to be up to speed with latest development in tech arena.
Engineer must be a highly motivated, well-rounded, team player and self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, agile environment. Excellent communication skills both written and oral are also essential as this position will interface with remote scrum teams, business owners, enterprise architects, security, infrastructure, and end users via email, phone, IM, desktop sharing, and wiki.
- Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party components/libraries, cloud and commercial software to design and develop robust enterprise solutions. Mentality towards integrating and reusing existing capabilities vs building from scratch is highly desired.
- Enable a 360-degree view of customer-centric information through integration of a multitude of internal/external systems, mobile apps, devices, and data marts.
- Ability to implement test driven development with strong focus on automation testing.
- Support and enhance existing Individual & Family Retail Health Insurance applications used by consumers as well as operations staff.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies effectively.
- Ability to lead team of mid-level developers.
- Engineer should be very familiar with advanced concepts and have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas to be a successful contributor on the team:
- Java, J2EE and related frameworks such as Spring and ORM etc.
- Microservices Architecture and Rest patterns using leading industry recommended security frameworks.
- Cloud and related technologies such as AWS, Google, Azure.
- Test Automation Skills using Behavioral Driven Development.
- Data Integration (batch, real-time) following Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Service Oriented Architecture (event-driven SOA, Web Services, REST, ESB).
- Message driven architecture (JMS, SOA, Spring).
- Relational Database, No SQL Database and Data Modelling,
- Database development & tuning (PL/SQL/XQuery).
- Performance (threading, indexing, clustering, caching).
- Document-centric data architecture (XML DB/NoSQL).
- Knowledge of reporting/BI tools such as Tableau would be plus.
- Knowledge of dev-ops based CI/CD tools would be plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline strongly preferred, typically 10 or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of 5 years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience. Ideal candidate will have relevant experience either as a consultant or working for a start-up company.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: