Company: Earls Restaurant Prince George Ltd. O/A Earls Kitchen and Bar
Business information: Founded in 1982 by father-son duo Bus and Stan Earl Fuller, Earls Restaurant is a family casual dining restaurant globally focused on using the freshest ingredients.
Business address: 1440 East Central, Prince George, BC, V2M 3C1
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Arrange for equipment repairs
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Ensure food meets quality standards
- Recruit and hire staff
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks.
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 5 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required
-Cook’s trade certificate OR equivalent credentials, training and experience as a cook are required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, attention to detail, physically demanding, overtime required
-Personal suitability: Team player, initiative, client focus, dependability, reliability, flexibility, organized, excellent oral communication, effective interpersonal skills.
-Work Setting: Restaurant
-Ability to Supervise: 15-18 people
-Language: English is required.
Salary: $22.00 hourly, 35 – 44 hours per week
Benefits: Uniform is provided, laundry for the uniform is paid by the employer, one free meal per shift, 50% discount on food in the Restaurant when not working. Tip pool sharing.
Important Information: Employee will work 5 days a week, from 5 pm to 1 am. Position requires flexibility in schedule is required since some morning and afternoon shifts will be needed depending on the business’s needs. Position requires extended work hours. Overtime will be required. The employee will have 30 minutes for lunchtime (unpaid) and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes each (unpaid).
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 1440 East Central Prince George, BC V2M 3C1