Company: O Rourke Family Vineyards Ltd. O/A Peak Cellars
Business information: Peak Cellars is a state-of-the-art winery and culinary destination. Inspired by Europe’s most famous wineries, the property features 110 acres of vines, 300 metres of winding tunnels and 12,000 square-feet of cave space to store and age wines. We offer a wide portfolio of wines, including Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Rosé, Chardonnay, Grüner Veltliner and Pinot Noir. We also have a ½ acre garden with two greenhouses and berry bushes that our Garden Bistro uses to prepare dishes with newly-harvested ingredients
Business address: 2290 Goldie Road, Lake Country, BC V4V 1G5
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Recruit and hire staff
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Create new recipes
– Education: Completion of high school is required.
– Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 5 years of experience then equivalent training OR cook’s trade certificate is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity
-Personal suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral and written communication, Team player, Organized, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, Judgment, Flexibility, Reliability, Dependability
-Language: English is required
Salary: $23.00 hourly, 37.5 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, gratuities, medical and dental benefits, group insurance benefits, life insurance benefits, vision care benefits, dental and extended medical insurance. Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. Employee will work from Friday to Tuesday from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Schedule may change according to business needs. Work on holidays and overtime may be required depending on business needs.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 2290 Goldie Road, Lake Country, BC V4V 1G5