Speech–Language Pathologist | Adult Communication And Swallowing Services | Casual Pool

Speech–Language Pathologist | Adult Communication And Swallowing Services | Casual Pool

Job Information
Author pmnationtalk
Date September 10, 2021
Deadline Open
Type Full Time
Company Interior Health Authority
Location Kelowna, BC
Category Service
Client Interior Health Authority
Contact Information
Apply Now!

Community :KELOWNA
Status :CASUAL

Position Summary

A Speech-Language Pathologist opening is available at Kelowna General Hospital!

Speech-Language Pathologists in the Inpatient Acute Medical Care setting provide evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders and speech and language problems resulting from strokes, head injury, respiratory issues, and other medical complications where communication is significantly affected. The position involves clinical bedside swallowing assessments and instrumental modified barium swallow studies. There is also opportunity to gain experience and provide feeding & swallowing services in the neonatal unit. Speech-Language Pathologist work directly with clients and their caregivers for the purpose of creating environments that promote optimal communication/swallowing. There is an expectation to be competent in dysphagia management, including conducting and interpreting videofluoroscopic examinations.

Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Shifts when available will fall within a Monday to Friday schedule.

Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great benefits and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Speech-Language Pathologist career.

Interior Health is a BC Top Employer for 2021! It’s the entire team at Interior Health that makes this such a great place to work.


• Registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.
• One year’s clinical experience with adults in a hospital setting and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience with Dysphagia Management and communication disorders would be an asset.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.

Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to [email protected] to reach an Employment Advisor.

Send To Friend Email Print Story

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More