- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Sr. Underwriter, National Accounts Property
Sr. Underwriter, National Accounts Property
Working within the National Accounts Property team in Toronto, the role of a market facing senior property underwriter is to establish and foster broker and customer relationships while underwriting a profitable renewal portfolio of complex, large property customers with revenues exceeding $1B.
Supported by a dedicated local team of Underwriting Assistants, Risk Engineers, International Service Specialists, and an industry leading claims team, this is your opportunity to join a growing and highly successful organization.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or
Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated underwriting or broking experience within Property
- Completed or pursuing CIP designation
- Strong business acumen and communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- CAT modelling experience
- Cross-Border and International experience
- Non-standard / Manuscript wording experience
- Primary / Excess experience
- Specialized Technical Risks experience
- Fluent in French
- Profitable production underwriting responsible for handling large global structured programs
- Knowledgeable of complex program structures and administering these accounts as a lead position or on 100% basis
- Highly analytical and willing to further develop in technical risk areas, including catastrophe management.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to bring creativity to underwriting solutions and capacity
- Experience in underwriting all perils, natural catastrophe modeling and loss prevention
- The ability to use and assess data through underwriting tools inclusive of natural catastrophe modeling such as RMS
- Prepares quotations, structures programs, and offers proposals that are compliant with guidelines
- Interpretation of risk engineering reports and risk recommendations issued
- Establish contract certainty on quotes and policy wordings issued
- Enters and maintains risk information into our internal systems to maintain data integrity
- Establish trusting relationships with brokers and customers in varying industry segments
- Build a pipeline of new business targets with key brokering partners
- Proven organizational, presentation, deal management and negotiation skills
- Highly collaborative and proactively drives involvement of functional areas in the underwriting process (risk engineering, claims, actuarial, finance, distribution, and other lines of business).
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: