Title: Supervisor, Volunteer Resource Recruitment
Employee Working Location: Remote / virtual (Montreal, QC)
Employment status: Permanent full-time
Salary band: $53,201.26 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Supervisor, Volunteer Resource Recruitment to join its team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring the operations of the volunteer recruitment officers and volunteers within the Volunteer Resources services and for ensuring a smooth recruitment process.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and train a team comprised of employees and volunteers in charge of recruiting volunteers.
- Conduct pre-screening and selection interviews with the volunteer recruitment team.
- Supervise the complete cycle of volunteer recruitment activities.
- Optimize the quality and timeliness of the recruitment process.
- Ensure an overall outstanding volunteer experience at every step of the selection process.
- Support various recruitment strategies and projects.
- Monitor volunteer recruitment trends in Quebec in order to remain competitive.
- Build partnerships with schools, universities, and volunteer organizations.
- Represent the recruitment team at events and participate in networking activities.
- Contribute to the development of various recruitment tools.
- Perform statistical analysis, contribute to reporting and provide recommendations on recruitment processes.
- Manage all administrative tasks needed to keep the department running smoothly.
- Be available to participate in local and international disaster relief operations.
What we are looking for:
- A university degree in human resources.
- At least one year of recognized experience in a volunteer setting.
- At least one year of recognized and relevant experience in talent acquisition.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English and French.
- Excellent knowledge of and practical experience with Microsoft Office tools and polling software.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Project management skills and capacity to ensure deliverables are on track.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Listening skills.
- Sound judgment and good organizational skills.
- Flexibility and self-sufficiency.
- Interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.