- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Switchboard / Cashier / Admitting Clerk
Switchboard / Cashier / Admitting Clerk
|Date||October 5, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Location||Salmon Arm, BC|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :SWITCHBOARD / CASHIER / ADMITTING CLERK
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
Shuswap Lake General Hospital in Salmon Arm, BC is looking for a Casual Switchboard / Cashier / Admitting Clerk! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
• Operating switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Patient registration;
• Confirming hospital procedural appointments with physicians, nursing units and patients;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash, prepare bank deposits and cash reports, maintain petty cash accounts;
• Clerical duties – typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces…..Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
**Note: Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: