- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Switchboard/cashier/registration/health Records Clerk
Switchboard/cashier/registration/health Records Clerk
|Date||August 22, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :SWITCHBOARD/CASHIER/REGISTRATION/HEALTH RECORDS CLERK
Facility :CRESTON VALLEY HOSPITAL
Creston Valley Hospital is looking for a casual Switchboard/Cashier/Registration/Health Records Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater *A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted*
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
This position performs a variety of duties, such as:
• Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
• Operates public address system and other paging device systems to locate physicians and other personnel
• Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
• Retrieves, organizes and maintains filing systems for patient records, reports and other documents
• Patient registration;
• Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
• Cashier duties – receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts; records payments in cash journal and/or summary sheets and issues change and receipts
• Contacts physician offices, nursing units and patients scheduled for hospital procedures (such as endoscopes) to confirm appointments
• Performs related clerical duties such as typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules
Hours of work: Rotating Days, 07:00 to 13:15, 08:00 to 14:15, 10:15 to 16:30
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater *A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted*
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: