- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Systems Analysis Advisor
System Analyst will provide expert content/professional thought process on complex application development assignments/projects. They will exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and maturing product deliverables. They will use deep product knowledge and acumen to advise technical and functional leaders. They will provide thought leadership within Systems Analysis but work on broader projects, which require an understanding of wider business. Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- Analytical Skills: Candidate must have strong analytical skills and be able to recognize the needs of customers and create simple solutions that answer those needs.
- Communication: Candidate must be able to clearly communicate their ideas to peers, stakeholders, and management.
- Creativity: Creativity is needed to help invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications as well as bringing experience from other industries.
- Customer-Service: If dealing directly with clients and customers, candidate would need good customer service skills and consultant mentality to answer questions and fix issues.
- Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
- Problem-Solving: As issues come up, candidate must be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
- Teamwork: Candidate must work well with others as part of a distributed agile (SAFe) team of engineers, analysts, product owner, and scrum master.
- Dependability: Candidate must be a go-to person from the products’ functional knowledge perspective (In-Depth knowledge) and must be equally accountable during new system development or modification of the existing system.
- Multi-Tasking: Candidate must be able to work on many projects at the same time effortlessly and should be able to separate different aspects of work very well.
- Analyze designs and prepares application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing them.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user-defined needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications, mapping specifications, business flow diagrams, gap analysis documentation from which system configuration will be done.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary.
- Works with IT and business management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes, and in the application design, testing and implementation process.
- Coordinates the activities with other IT sections (e.g. engineering team and architects).
- Responsible for writing test scenarios, test scripts, and testing if needed.
- Seeks out, includes, analyzes and documents business and user needs and requirements, and translates into proper system requirement specifications.
- Functions as subject matter expert for industry and system-related issues.
- Possesses full knowledge of phases of systems analysis as relates to configuration, but also considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Hands-on experience writing database queries, No-SQL databases, preparing JSON/XML samples for affinity partners, modifying XML/JSON schema’s and author/publish business rules using drools.
- Knowledge of utilizing API clients such as Postman or SoapUI to run/analyze APIs. Responsible for writing basic rest API specifications if needed.
- At least five years of solid, diverse work experience in IT. Health insurance delivery, claims processing, enrollment processing or premium billing desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of Product Owners, Product Managers, Engineers and Architects to convert business requirements into technical specifications.
- Adaptable and flexible to business demands.
- Extensive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a SAFe agile work environment.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: