Title: Team Lead – Mobilization
Location: Remote – Canada
Employment status: Temporary Full Time 5 months
Yearly rate: $63.825/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 -is seeking a Team Lead – Mobilization to join our Human Resources & Volunteer Services team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply
The incumbent will work identify qualified candidates to deploy into emergency response operations in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Receive and validate requests for mobilization support and manage full cycle (beginning to end) direct service for workforce planning and requirements for active and planned operations
- Ensure appropriate documentation and travel arrangements are in place
- Directly supervise and oversee the work of Mobilization Supervisors and Coordinators; provide coaching, mentorship and feedback
- Approve standard processes, tools, templates utilized by the team including process maps, deployment templates, call scripts, response specific materials in consultation with key PS stakeholders.
- Contribute to and analyse reports on key performance indicators and adapt practices and approaches towards continuous improvement and achievement of service line outcomes.
- Prepare and share formal handovers in partnership with alternate Lead(s) by using different communication methods (phone, email, etc.)
- Ensure an adequate workforce plan and schedule for the Mobilization team in compliance with the Canadian Red Cross scheduling guidelines, by anticipating areas of over/under resourcing, and collaborate with the Senior Manager to adjust resourcing as needed
What we are looking for:
- Possess 2 to 3 years of experience supervising personnel in a customer service, contact center or emergency response environment; Supervision experience including the ability to implement changes, to manage and motivate team members, and have strong decision-making ability.
- Diploma or degree in a related discipline (Human Resource, Volunteer Resources, Business, Administration). An equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience working in a remote team or call center environment.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingualism (French) is highly preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and influencing skills to interface effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Superior time management skills, diligence in executing on process and organization skills to manage multiple priorities and communications with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Skype, Teams) is required; Smartsheet and call center technology are assets
- Proactive approach with strong critical thinking, program management and conflict resolution skills
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Most of the work is performed in a virtual office environment; therefore, the candidate must have reliable access to a computer and the internet; telephonic tools (cellular phone). Periodic activities, meeting or training sessions may require attendance at a CRC office or off-site meeting location in Canada.
- Ability to be on-call, work shifts, non-traditional and longer hours often on short notice including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
This position is open until filled; however qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Qualified applicants who apply after the selection process has started, may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.