Company: Norgen Biotek Corp.
Business information: Norgen Biotek Corp. is a Canadian biotechnology company focusing on developing products for sample collection, sample preparation, and sample detection, as well as providing comprehensive research services to the scientific community. We are committed to the manufacturing and selling high-quality products and to continually improving our company, our products, and our quality management system.
Business Address: 3430 Schmon Pkwy, Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Develop reports and proposals to illustrate benefits from use of good or service
- Deliver sales presentations
- Prepare and administer sales contracts
- Utilize sales/marketing software packages
- Conduct sales transactions through internet-based electronic commerce
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client’s needs
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
- Train customers’ staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
- Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Manage the Sales team
-Education: A university degree or college diploma in life sciences (such as, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Genetics etc.) or any other related field is required.
-Experience: At least 2 years of experience in sales or in a technical occupation related to life sciences (such as, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Genetics etc.) is required.
Experience with DNA and RNA proteins purification, PCR techniques and NGS sequencing is an asset.
Experience in Digital Marketing, Blogging, Creative Writing is an asset.
General experience working in a life sciences lab is an asset.
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment
-Personal Suitability: Judgement, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Team player, Client focus, Reliability, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication
-Must be motivated, willing to learn new skills
-Strong organizational, quantitative and problem-solving skills
-Good work ethic and good attitude are essential
-Ability to meet deadlines
-Ability to perform multiple assignments without immediate supervision
-Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Presentation software, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Office
Salary: $27.64 per hour, 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Vision care benefits, Bonus, Long-term care insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Free parking available for employees, Learning/training paid by employer.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday. However, this position requires flexibility in schedule. Thus, some days the worker will start earlier and others will finish later depending on the business’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 3430 Schmon Pkwy, Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6