- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Technical Support Associate Analyst
Help us troubleshoot our future. Get ready for a job that encourages you to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Do you have problem-solving or strategy experience? If so, prepare to innovate, create, and inspire. The PC/LAN Technician (Technical Support Associate Analyst) is responsible for the day-to-day performance and operation of both PC and LAN hardware and software. The PC/LAN Technician installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs computer workstations and local area networks, monitors performance, diagnoses, and resolves problems. The PC/LAN Technician provides accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer and network problems. The PC/LAN Technician adheres to standard IT practices and techniques and follows established escalation processes for more complex problems.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of local infrastructure equipment which may carry data, voice, and video communications to defined standards.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners as required. Participates in on-call rotation as needed including nights and weekends.
- Installs configure, troubleshoots, and repairs Windows or Macintosh desktop and laptop computer systems, peripheral equipment, and mobile devices.
- Escalates unresolved issues on time.
- Configures and maintains Windows or Macintosh standard applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems.
- Delivers exceptional customer service, proactively setting expectations with customers and following up appropriately.
- Manages service request queue and resolves daily hardware and software service and support requests.
- Adheres to established service level agreements.
- Thoroughly document work performed in a ticketing system.
- Maintains and tracks inventories of hardware for desktops, laptops, thin clients, and peripherals in the appropriate systems.
- Completes project tasks as assigned.
- Meets project dates are met.
- Schedules installations/ upgrades and provides system maintenance following IT procedures.
- Works on site-specific department projects and/or sub-projects.
- Implements approved operating system enhancements and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Interacts with other support groups to restore service and /or identify and correct end-user computing problems.
- Escalates more complex problems/issues up the chain appropriately on time.
- Provides technical assistance to PC/LAN technicians from other sites.
- Follows process documentation and checklists to ensure standardization of work. Proactively recommends documentation changes if necessary.
- Assists with user and equipment move along with occasional unloading of new equipment and disposal of old equipment to salvage vendor.
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 Years PC/LAN Technical Experience preferred.
- Continued enhancement of Technical Skills through continuing education/seminars and interaction with other IT disciplines.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, especially Windows 7, especially Windows 10, and Microsoft Office.
- General knowledge of Apple computers and operating systems.
- General knowledge of networking switches and data networks.
- General knowledge of IP telecommunications systems.
- General knowledge of Audio Visual Systems.
- Good communications skills.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role.
- Functions in complex environments with minimal direction.
- Solid individual performance while partnering with others.
- Works well through self-directed effort.
- Shares knowledge in the area of expertise.
- May serve as a technical subject matter expert.
- May provide technical assistance to resolve operating issues.
- Must be flexible to work 2nd shift (Sunday-Thursday, 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM)
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: