Title: Test Automation Analyst
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status : Permanent full time
Salary band: $71,338 – $89,173
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Test Automation Analyst to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will collaborate directly with the Software Manager, Digital Products. The incumbent will be responsible for creating and maintaining automation test scripts using Selenium or other equivalent functional testing tools. This person will possess a complete understanding of automation process and have participated and developed automation infrastructure. The role will establish an automated culture and work with the development team to ensure automated test cases are in place.
We are seeking a talented Test Automation Analyst to design testing procedures for our software applications. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. You will also be required to identify bugs, install databases, and collaborate with the software design team.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that automated test exists to ensure we have full regression of the application
- Work with Developers, Product managers to define test cases in a BDD model
- Create a complete and balanced set of test suites (e2e, integration, API, front-end, back-end)
- Develop a pipeline integration strategy and work with the team for its implementation
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly scheduled test status updates
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks
- Assist the Test Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard)
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development, or a related field
- 3+ Years as a test automation engineer
- Experience with Selenium and other testing languages
- Organized and Detailed oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work from home as the primary workspace.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.