- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Tier 1 Technician
Title: Tier 1 Technician
Location: Canada – Nova Scotia
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $39,879 – $49,849/ year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Tier 1 Technician to join our Information Services (IS) team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
The incumbent will assist CRC staff and volunteers requiring assistance from the IS Department.
In this role, you will:
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize schedules and escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access knowledge bases and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position include completion of a post-secondary education in computer science and between two (2) to four (4) years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software, including MS Windows OS, thin client devices, MS Office.
- Working knowledge of desktop and server operating systems, including Windows Server Citrix, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and BES.
- Certifications in A+, Network+, MCDST, HDI CSR is a asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English , fluency in French is a assest
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL
- bility to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Current First Aid Certification or willingness to take training
- Experience working with a diverse population, and an understanding of cultural issues
- Most of the work is performed in an office environment.
- The applicant must hold a valid provincial class 5 driver’s license.
- They must be able to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Occasional overtime hours may be required, often with short notice.
- This position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a Canadian criminal record check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: