Company: Matthews Equipment Limited o/a Herc Rentals
Business information: Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,600 employees and 312 company-operated locations primarily in the United States and Canada, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of customer markets, including large and small companies in construction; industrial customers such as large industrial manufacturing plants, refineries and petrochemical operations; and other customers.
Business Address: 11230 – 88 Ave. Fort Saskatchewan, AB, T8L 3W5
-1640 Enterprise Road, Mississauga, ON. L4W 4L4
Other locations across the Greater Toronto Area
Type of Employment: Full time – permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials: transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment
- Load and unload goods
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle: oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch: report any and all accidents involving the driver or equipment as well as any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or any other problems relating to timely pickups or delivery of equipment to Branch Manager or Central Dispatch
- Answer to clients’ inquiry when transporting goods and address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Operate commercial or non-commercial vehicles in a safe, efficient and professional manner
- Ensure all delivery documents are properly maintained during the workday and are available for inspection upon request by management and/or state traffic safety officers
- Apply knowledge of driving and/or commercial driving skills in maneuvering in difficult locations, heavy traffic, inclement weather, or tight loading dock areas.
- Secure construction equipment and other equipment by means of chaining, strapping, and blocking under the strict accordance and established procedures of the MOT policies.
- Maintain open communication with Branch Manager and/or central dispatch for delivery schedules
- Observe safety rules and regulations at customer job sites, facilities and other Herc Rentals related facilities
- Report to the branch manager or central dispatcher of any damage to Herc Rentals property that is uncovered by the driver during the process of picking up the equipment from the customer
- Maintain flexibility in daily routine in order to acknowledge Management’s responses to the customer demands
- Ensure proper paperwork & logs are maintained accurately on a daily basis
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
– Experience: No formal experience is required. On the job training is provided.
– Class A driver’s license is required.
– Air brake endorsement (Z) is required.
– Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is as asset.
Work conditions and Physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing and walking.
Personal suitability: Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, Judgment, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized.
Language: English is required
Work Location Information: Various locations
Type of trucking and Equipment: Roll-off truck, Flatbed
Documentation Knowledge: Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Driver logbook
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Salary: $29.00 – $32.00 per hour, 44 hours per week
Benefits: Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days), Travel insurance, Wellness program, Learning/training paid by employer.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from Monday to Friday. Shifts will be from 7:00 AM to 05:00 PM. However, flexibility on schedule is required. Work on weekends may be required depending on the business’ needs. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 35 Claireville Drive, Etobicoke ON. M9W 5Z7
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Tractor-trailer truck driver****