Employee Working Location : Remote / Virtual ( Canada)
Employment status: Temporary full time
Salary band: $51,893 – $64,866 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a translator to join our Translation Services.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Translate, mainly from English to French, in a timely manner, a variety of material including web content, internal and external communications, presentations, training manuals, etc.
- Produce high quality translations in accordance with style standards and terminology in use at the Canadian Red Cross.
- Control the overall quality of translations with regards to accuracy, style, target audience, format, and terminology consistency.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner, according to the priorities, deadlines and production schedule established.
- Report progress and status of work to the Translation Services Manager.
- Research terminology related to assigned projects and supports the creation of internal glossaries and terminology databases, based on reputable sources.
- Revise and proofreads material translated by follow team members or external providers, as required.
- Act as the Translation Services on-call point of contact on a rotational basis during weekends.
- Occasional requirement to work additional hours during emergency responses.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education or diploma in Translation or in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in translation from English to French.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and English.
- Excellent knowledge and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office software as well as translation memory software (e. g. LogiTerm).
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be flexible and motivated, with a proven ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require, but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.