Meraki Commodities Inc. is the product of a decade of experience in trading grains, pulses and specialty crops internationally and a drive to take part in the future of the industry. Headquartered in Toronto and active in over 30 countries, Meraki has a network of global partners with expertise in procurement, logistics, and marketing that help us deliver superior quality products on time across the globe.
We are seeking for an experienced individual to be an integral part of our team as the new Logistics Co-ordinator (NOC:1215) at our office. If you have a successful experience as a role in shipping coordination, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
Working Location: 323 Church St Suite 21, Oakville, ON L6J 1P2
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Language: English (Required)
- Plan and organize the work schedule sales orders;
- Set up deliveries/orders for trailers and complete all necessary paperwork (bills) corresponding with the loads;
- Coordinate with CSR, production, QA, logistics and shipping departments to dispatch shipments for timely delivery;
- Establishes work schedules and coordinates activities of truck drivers and coordinate between dispatch and accounting department;
- Print/release orders and assign the order pickers;
- Train workers to ensure that the safety procedures and company policies are followed to the meet the standards;
- Obtain quotes from multiple freight forwarders for customer shipments and deciding on carriers to ships;
- Work closely with transportation companies to ensure trailers are switched in a timely manner;
- Planning and staging of shipments with effective use of floor space;
- Performing inventory cycle counts to find any discrepancies, damages and adjusting in the system;
- Coordinate and plan Inbound Trailers for receiving;
- Manage daily supply of consumables based on safety stock levels;
- Monitor daily Key Performance Indicators and report to warehouse manager;
- Make requisition for supplies and materials;
- Receive accurate quantities from other business as per shipping manifest.
Qualification and Skills
- At least 2-3 years of related experience as a shipping coordinator;
- Secondary school or equivalent;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment;
- Familiarity with North American geography;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the aptitude to learn new software quickly;
- Ability to work independently and with team too;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities;
- Have good communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial and/or federal law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed during the application process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
- Two weeks paid vacation;
- Extended Health care;
- Medical Insurance;
- Other benefits as per labour laws of Ontario.
Please send your resume and the cover letter on the Email:[email protected]