Jordan Mattress Ltd.
13137 82A Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 9Y6
Salary $25.00/ hour for 35 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: Upholsterers
NOC Job Title: Upholsterer
Job location: 13137 82A Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 9Y6
Business started out as a simple idea to make mattresses for beautiful bedroom furniture. As the business grew our fascination with furniture also flourished. We decided to launch our uber modern take on furniture. We began making beautiful pieces of furniture for suppliers and they came back for more. We built our team of professionals with people passionate about modern design and skilled in creating beautiful interiors. We became a place people were talking about – an unparalleled resource that offered a thoughtfully curated selection of high-quality products with a personalized design touch that allows you to enjoy all of our pieces. Now, we have employment opportunity for 03 Upholsterers.
- Installing, fabricating, maintaining and repairing interior components including seats, coverings and other parts of furniture
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery materials by hand to seam cushions and join sections of covering materials
- Discuss upholstery fabric, colour, and style with customers and provide cost estimate for upholstering furniture or other items
- Lay out, measure and cut upholstery materials according to sketches or design specifications
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts using hand and power tools
- Install padding and underlays and fasten covering materials to furniture frames
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons on upholstered items
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery in our warehouse
- Repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
- Make upholstery patterns from sketches, customer descriptions or blueprints
Job requirements to qualify for position
• Education: Completion of secondary school is mandatory.
• Experience: Completion of college or other specialized courses or an apprenticeship program in furniture upholstering and repair or 2-3 years of work experience as an upholster or upholsterer helper are required.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
As per collective agreement and BC Employment Standards act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation or the option to chose 10 days paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period.
How to Apply
If it sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply by sending us your resume via email [email protected] or via fax at (604) 501-1080 via mail at 13137 82A Avenue Surrey BC V3W 9Y6