Title: Vaccination Agent
Employee Working Location: Deployements in Ontario
Employment status: Temporary full time (until March 2023 with possibility of extension)
Salary Band: $28.64 to $52.02 /Hour depending on profile and experience
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 , is seeking licensed and registered Nurses (LPN/RN/RPN) or paramedics to join its Ontario Mobile COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work with a Site Manager and under the technical leadership Clinical Management Team, these Vaccinators will report to various COVID 19 vaccination sites throughout Ontario.
In this role, you will:
- Provide clinical practice to the mobile vaccination program, including, but not limited to administering vaccines
- Ensure awareness of any new or changing procedures for vaccination as best practices are modified/ changed according to research and approved by local health authorities.
- Ensure and adhere to appropriate IPC/ PPE protocols throughout vaccination clinics according to P/T health authority protocols and CRC protocols.
- Participate in Vaccine Support Module design, set-up, and preparation of site, and supports relevant stakeholders in performance of duties.
- Ensure cold chain and vaccines are correctly stored, monitored, and replenished according to best practice, following PHAC, WHO, and Health Canada guidance, and according to Manufacturer’s specifications
- Teach, mentor, and train appropriate auxiliary personnel as required.
- Ensure consent and correct documentation for vaccination as per P/T health authorities
- Maintain patient privacy and safety throughout the procedure.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency before, during, or after the vaccination procedure.
- Provide educational information to patients and their families as appropriate.
What we are looking for:
- Licensed and Registered Nurses (LPN/RN/RPN) or Paramedic
- Fluency in English
- Minimum 1 year Clinical Experience or similar experience
- Knowledge of IPC / PPE, particularly with regard to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Strong communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills for work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary context
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams) and general computer proficiency required
- Ability and willingness to reside in shared accommodations as applicable
- A valid provincial driver’s licence and a successful Canadian criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Willingness and comfort with driving long distances, on all types of roads and major highways in all weather conditions.
- These are Field based positions that may be difficult and demanding both physically and psychologically. Some working conditions that are expected include but are not limited to the following:
- Due to dynamic nature of an emergency and proximity to epidemic/pandemic affected area, issues with access and mobility and strict protocols and procedures.
- Long hours of work in demanding context with limited resources.
- Stressful rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to work in a high risk, fluid and evolving situation may be required, as is the ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.