- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Title: Warehouse/Maintenance Technician
Employee Working Location: HUB /In-person (Grande Prairie, AB)
Employment status: Casual?
Salary band: $20.35 – $21.00 / hour
The CRC also offers:
- Paid Vacation (6%)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees that include: professional counselling and online well-being resources, support for family, financial, career and legal issues and more.
- Access to e-learning platforms
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Warehouse/Maintenance Technician to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work by reporting to Provincial Lead, Warehouse and Distribution, the Technician is responsible for the reprocessing, inspection, cleaning and repairs of health equipment and supports HELP technical volunteers. Additionally, this role will provide customer service support from time to time.
In this role, you will:
- Inspect and maintain HELP equipment, including advanced equipment, according to established standards.
- Ensure that HELP medical equipment is cleaned, repaired and maintained according to the standards set by the Canadian Red Cross Society.
- Disposes of surplus or unusable equipment in HELP depots
- Unpack, assemble and label new equipment
- Enter and track equipment repairs in the database
- Record and reports product incidents to Warehouse and Distribution Manager
- Provide recruitment, onboarding, training, coaching and feedback to volunteers regarding equipment reprocessing
We’re looking for :
- The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability, and ability to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature (health equipment repair experience is an asset)
- A valid standard first aid certificate (or an ability to complete the course)
- A full (non-GDL) Class 5 license and an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with the general public, clients and colleagues.
- Fluency in English is required, Other language is an asset.
- The ability to physically lift up to 80 lbs is required
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and inventory databases.
- Experience working with diverse populations and an understanding of the cultural difference
- General knowledge and understanding of health equipment
- This is a casual status position based on 1-2 days per week.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: