Company: Big Bang Fireworks Inc.
Business information: Big Bang Fireworks is a Canadian company that provides world-class fireworks and production services to communities across Canada. We are dedicated to helping communities launch safe, distinctive, successful fireworks displays year-round.
Business Address: 1420 Windsor Street NW, Calgary AB T2N 3X3
Work Location: 418215 – 64th Street West, Okotoks AB T1S 1A1 (warehouse location) and various locations in Alberta and British Columbia for events
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Ensure smooth operation of the warehouse
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Resolve work-related problems
- Train technicians in duties and policies
- Co-ordinate, assign and review production work
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization
- Enforce the company’s policies regarding security and safety to maintain a safe workplace
- Prepare and pack shows
- Ensure production deadlines for preparing shows are met
- Organize shipping of products and equipment from the warehouse to shows
- Prepare all documents required for shipping and follow up on shipments as required
- Maintain production schedule, inventory program and other relevant documents via the use of live documents on Google Drive
- Report to and update the Director of all work at the warehouse
- May drive the company vehicle to perform some of the job duties
- Assist the technicians during shows
-Education: Completion of high school is required. Post-secondary education is an asset.
-Experience: At least three years of experience in the professional fireworks industry is required. Experience as a warehouse supervisor is an asset.
– Valid driver’s license is a strong asset.
– The Warehouse supervisor must have a Display fireworks supervisor license and TDG certification (transportation of dangerous goods).
– Proficiency with Excel and Google doc applications
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Working under pressure, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Attention to detail
-Personal Suitability: Accurate, Client focus, Efficient interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Team player
Ability to supervise: 1- 5 technicians
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs.).
Work Setting: Warehouse, outdoors, dangerous environment, remote location
Language: English is required
Salary: $29.00 hourly, 30-40 hours per week.
Benefits: disability benefits, health care plan, learning/training paid by the employer, On-site amenities, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), bonus.
The most common schedule will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility is required as the worker will be required to assist the technicians during the fireworks shows (various locations in Western Canada). Work on statutory holidays, weekends, overtime and extended hours will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com