Company: Basisty Welding (1989) Ltd.
Business information: Basisty Welding (1989) Ltd. is a welding repair company in Fort St John, British Columbia.
Business Address: 10708 – 108th Ave. Fort St. John BC V1J 5P2
-13255 WestCoast frontage Rd. Charlie Lake, BC V0C 1H0
-9815 – 77th Ave., Fort St. John BC V1J 4J3
-Various locations across the Northeast Region (Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, Charlie Lake, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge), and Cariboo Region (Prince George)
Type of Employment: Full-time–permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears, and other metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines
- Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals, and processes
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Fusing pieces of metal to join metal parts, fill a hole or fix seams in metal.
- Finding the correct tools to properly ignite the torch and welding machine for the specific type of metal
- Position, line up, and secure all metal pieces according to design specifications prior to welding, and join these pieces together.
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is required
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching kneeling
-Personal suitability: Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, Judgment, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized
-Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
-Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Hot, Outdoors, Confined spaces, At heights
-Work Setting: Institutional, Marine, Industrial, Civil (road and bridge construction, etc.), Residential
-Type of Materials: Stainless steel, Steel, iron, and heavy metals, Aluminum alloys
-Area of Specialization: Custom fabrication, Truck repair, Marine repair, Machinery or equipment repair, Pressure vessels, Large diameter pipelines, Structural construction, Ornamental work, Fencing, balconies, stairs, and railings
-Equipment and Machinery Experience: Arc welding machine
-Welding Techniques: Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), Flux core arc welding (FCAW), Spool, Multipass, Boilers
Salary: $34.17 per hour, 45- 60 hours per week.
Benefits: Parking available, Learning/training paid by employer, On-site amenities. Personal protective equipment is provided.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, flexibility in schedule is required. Work on weekends and overtime will be required depending on the business needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 10708 – 108th Ave. Fort St. John BC V1J 5P2