Company: Lex Metal Fabricators Ltd.
Business information: Lex Metal is a full service custom metal fabricator. We specialize in the fabrication and installation of miscellaneous metals, structural steel, AESS and joist reinforcement. We design, fabricate and install structural and miscellaneous metal. We are contracted by General Contractors (for projects such as steel beams, columns, joists, stairs, handrails, railings), then design steel connections and provide blueprints, then we fabricate (cut, fit and weld) these items, ship to site and install them.
Business Address: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1
Work location: same as above (work in shop)
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Polish metal products to mirror finish
- Load and unload vehicle
- Read and interpret work orders
- Assist with welding functions
- Operate small power tools for the preparation of material (such as a power grinder)
- Set up work as required
- Spray paint/ clean/priming steel
- Load, unload, identify and distribute materials and equipment
-Education: Some secondary school is required
-Experience: Experience is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads
-Personal suitability: Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Reliability, Flexibility
Salary: $17.50 to $19.50 hourly, 40-44 hours per week.
Important information: Work schedule will be 6:30 am – 3:00 pm from Monday to Friday. Flexibility in schedule is required. Occasional weekend work might be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1