Company: Lex Metal Fabricators Ltd.
Business information: Lex Metal is a full service custom metal fabricator. We specialize in the fabrication and installation of miscellaneous metals, structural steel, AESS and joist reinforcement. We design, fabricate and install structural and miscellaneous metal. We are contracted by General Contractors (for projects such as steel beams, columns, joists, stairs, handrails, railings), then design steel connections and provide blueprints, then we fabricate (cut, fit and weld) these items, ship to site and install them.
Business Address: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1
Work location: same as above (work in shop)
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Set up machines and equipment
- Supervise workers (welders, trades helpers, fitters, installers) and projects
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Set up machines and equipment and write programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Estimate costs and materials
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Train or arrange for training
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade/field/work area supervised are required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Tight deadlines, Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure
-Personal suitability: Organized, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication
– Workers Supervised: Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters, Welders, Trades helpers
– Major Work Area: Fabrication, Shopwork, Construction
Salary: $35.00 to $37.00 hourly, 40-44 hours per week.
Important information: Work schedule will be 6:30 am – 3:00 pm from Monday to Friday. Flexibility in schedule is required. Occasional weekend work might be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1