Position: Wellness Worker (2 positions)
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Human Services
Salary: SSW $24 – $28/hour
BSW $27 – $31/hour
MSW $31 – $37/hour
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday, with flexibility based on service needs
Posting Date: July 29, 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the immediate supervision of the Community Wellness Coordinator, the Wellness Worker offers community-based counselling, programs, and services to clients seeking support for mental health, addictions, and crisis. The Wellness Worker collaborates with Health and Human Service department to offer education, awareness, and promotion of healthy lifestyles.
- Performs initial screenings using clinical screening tools;
- Completes intakes and establishes the priority of service requirements;
- Processes referrals to service providers;
- Provides information about internal and external service options;
- Assist and supports individuals in crisis or emergency situations that are experiencing a critical incident/traumatic event;
- Assists with group sessions, workshops, programs;
- Creates and maintains accurate and up-to-date program and client records;
- Completes activity reports and monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Disclaimer – This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; OR
- Diploma in Social Service Worker;
- Licensed OR eligible to be licensed with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Previous work experience in mental health and addictions, an asset;
- Previous work experience in crisis response, an asset;
- Certificates in Mental Health and Health Promotion OR willingness to obtain;
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification OR willingness to obtain.
- The successful candidate must submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of license with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid First Aid/CPR certification, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;