Company: 4323295 Nova Scotia Ltd. O/A Yorks Timberstone
Business information: Yorks Timberstone is an environmental company. We offer a wood recycling service by dismantling old wood structures or collecting wood that is dumped by individuals or companies. We also do wood carving with Japanese tools to create unique products for sale.
Business Location: Suite 529, 3-644 Portland St. Dartmouth, NS, B2W 6C4
Work Location: 680 Highway 311 Loop Tatamagouche, NS, B0K 1V0 1V0 and occasionally travel to various locations in Nova Scotia to perform job duties
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Use Japanese tools and woodworking machines to produce carvings from wood to create specialty products
• Oversee safety of operations
• Set up woodworking machines and equipment
• May supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
• Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Process and store wood
• Check the quality of basic materials used for the production of semi-finished and finished goods by assessing some of their characteristics
• Use a variety of techniques on a wood surface to ensure it is free of dust, sawdust, grease, stains, and other contaminants.
• Check wood pieces for signs of rot
• Advise clients on the objects that can be produced with the wood that they are providing for recycling
• Recommend personnel actions
• Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
• Train workers in traditional Japanese wood carving
• Prepare and submit reports to the owner
• Occasionally drive the company vehicle to the work sites to give advice on wood structures and drive vehicle within the yard at the work location
– Education: Completion of secondary education is required
– Experience: At least 3 years of experience in wood carving with Japanese tools is required.
– A Valid driver’s licence is required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, 20/20 vision, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Ability to distinguish between colours, Sitting, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Personal suitability: Accurate, Team player, Excellent oral communication
Work site environment: Dusty
Work location: Rural area
Salary: $50.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week
Bonus, vehicle provided only if the worker needs to visit a work site.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule is from 09:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday with 30 minutes of lunch break and two 15 minutes breaks that are paid. Schedule may vary according to the business’ needs. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: Suite 529, 3-644 Portland St. Dartmouth, NS, B2W 6C4