WTP – Medical Case Manager
World Travel Protection provides global travellers with specialist emergency assistance services when something goes wrong in their travels. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week from our 4 operation centres in Australia, Canada, China and Malaysia, responding to the cries for help we receive from travellers across the globe.
Owned by Zurich, but with separately managed business entities, we can truly offer you a world of possibilities within assistance and insurance. Get ready to do your best work…and then some.
A Medical Case Manager (MCM) provides clinical expertise to support emergency medical assistance services to customers travelling around the world. They collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including but not limited to; healthcare providers, underwriters and special vendors to ensure the overall management of a medical claim is in accordance with the terms & conditions of the insurance policy. A MCM coordinates the care plan in a manner that mitigates health risks as well as financial risks, and strategizes to contain costs without compromising quality of care. The overall objective is to provide outstanding services to our clients and customers, in alignment with company values, vision & mission, and in compliance with necessary regulatory obligations.
• Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Clinical In Medical, Surgical, Orthopedic, Neuro-Surgery area
• Case Management
***Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager
• Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Medical area
• 2 or more years of disability of workers’ compensation experience as a rehabilitation counselor
• Certified in ergonomic assessment
• Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (copy of license to be provided annually).
• At least 3 years of hospital experience in a clinical role
• Desirable Clinical Experience: Emergency Medicine & Trauma, Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Surgery
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal):
• Proficient in computer systems and applications including MS office
• Ability to meet tight timelines under pressure while delivering quality service
• Seek opportunities to continuously learn about new products, policies and client priorities and their expectations
• Assign a high priority to customer service excellence and understand the value of customer satisfaction in driving success
• Be flexible and personally embrace change
• Accurate data entry skills including reasonable typing speed
• Flexible to work in shifts (night shifts if business needs require) and willing to be available for on-call duties (after-hours) as per business needsAssets:
• Fluent in additional languages, particularly French or Spanish
• Training/knowledge of Aerospace Medicine and Flight Physiology
• Knowledge of privacy acts: PIPEDA and HIPAA
• Previous Case Management experience
• Case Management certification, CRRN, CDMS, CCM or CRC
• Experience in travel insurance industry and/or managed care
• Experience in healthcare system of the United States & Canada
• Anticipate, recognize and respond timely to needs of customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Support implementation of customer initiatives to drive best outcomes.
• Review assigned customer cases, prioritize case load and interpret established policies, applying discretion within authority limits in order to resolve customer issues.
• Provide status updates on case management plan to ensure clear communications and transparency.
• Resolve technical problems by referring to policies, procedures, specifications to ensure accuracy and operational consistency.
• Identify and follow main principles relevant to medical regulatory controls that govern standard work practices to ensure compliance.
• Collect data and prepare reports including commentary and an analysis of trends to facilitate decision-making.
• Provide detailed procedural advice to internal clients to ensure that internal standards are adhered to.
• Input relevant data into established systems accurately to allow for data analysis.
• Analyze data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats and make recommendations in order to support the department’s timely resolution of claims.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.