WTP – Medical Claims Examiner
World Travel Protection provides global travellers with specialist emergency assistance services when something goes wrong in their travels. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week from our 4 operation centres in Australia, Canada, China and Malaysia, responding to the cries for help we receive from travellers across the globe.
Owned by Zurich, but with separately managed business entities, we can truly offer you a world of possibilities within assistance and insurance. Get ready to do your best work…and then some.
World Travel Protection is currently looking for a Claims Examiner to join us in our 901 King St West office on a full-time basis. The Claims Examiner will be responsible for managing multiple complex claims within established protocols.
A Bit About You/Job Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree and No prior experience required in the Customer Service area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and No prior experience required in the Customer Service area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and No prior experience required in the Customer Service area
• Microsoft Office experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 or more years of experience in travel medical insurance claims examining.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in travel medical insurance claims examining
• Travel medical insurance experience
• Proven negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently, organized and deadline-oriented
• Insurance product knowledge and understanding of travel medical policies would be an asset.
• Call center experience is an asset
• Previous work experience in a team environment is ideal
• Excellent typing/keyboarding and computer skills
• Knowledge of other languages is an asset
A Bit About The Job/Job Accountabilities
• Verify applicable coverage and liability
• Collect and review information necessary to administer the claim and acts upon the information received
• Comply with client protocols and adhere to established SLAs
• Provide updates to interested parties based on information contained in the file
• Documents claim files pursuant to best practices
• Foster and maintain a professional relationship with customers and other carriers
• Compares alternatives for solving problems or improving procedures or products and provides recommendations
• Recognize subrogation and Fraud
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.