Position: Youth Employment Worker
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Employment and Training
Salary: Based on education and experience
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: June 16, 2022
Closing Date: June 29, 2022 at 4:30p.m.
Under the direct supervision of the Employment and Training Manager, the Youth Employment Worker will work as part of the Employment & Training service delivery team to manage client intake, assist with records management, reporting and communication as required. Assists clients in getting a job, keeping a job and/or acquiring a better job. Provides professional advice to clients that want job search guidance, career advice or placement. The main objective is to develop an employment plan of action and follow through with appropriate interventions. Assists client to access other services they may want or need including those of community partners. The Youth Employment Worker will focus work on youth clients ages 15-30 years but will not be limited to this age group.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field PLUS two years of employment experience with similar duties and responsibilities; OR
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma PLUS 3-5 years work experience in related services with similar responsibilities;
- Knowledge of return-to-work strategies and life skills;
- Knowledge of the labour market, workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques;
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet.
- The successful candidate must submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;