A third dose of COVID-19 vaccine is currently recommended for:
- individuals who have only received a viral vector vaccine, such as two doses of AstraZeneca or a single dose of the Janssen vaccine;
- health care personnel who have direct contact with patients, residents or clients;
- all residents and staff of First Nation personal care homes;
- all residents of personal care homes in Manitoba;
- people who are immunocompromised;
- people who require a third dose to meet travel requirements at their destination; or
- individuals who previously received doses of vaccines that are not approved by Health Canada.
More information about third doses, including where they can be administered, is online at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/vaccine/eligibility-criteria.html#third.
Eligibility for first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine continues to include anyone born on or before Dec. 31, 2009.
Vaccine Administration, Supply and Distribution
A total of 2,025,661 doses of vaccine have been administered in Manitoba.
Manitoba vaccine sites are offering walk-in and appointment-based vaccinations. Eligible individuals can book their appointments online or by calling (toll-free) 1-844-626-8222 (1-844-MAN-VACC). For hours and days of operation, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/finder.html.
Over the next several weeks, COVID-19 immunizations are available to eligible young people at school-based clinics. For more information, visit https://protectmb.ca/school-immunizations/.
To date, 2,435,830 doses of vaccine have been delivered to Manitoba. This includes:
- 1,534,950 doses of the Pfizer vaccine;
- 808,920 doses of the Moderna vaccine; and
- 91,960 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine.