Decolonizing Child Welfare Webinar Learning Series #5 – Recording
Webinar #5 of our Decolonizing Child Welfare Learning Series focuses on Holistic Healing, Prevention and Early Intervention programs.
NCFST offers a wide array of programs available to children, youth, individuals and families open to all self-identifying community members, whether or not a child welfare file is currently open. Holistic programs seek to empower families to access resources and supports that can avert crises that may necessitate child welfare, and to support Youth in strengthening resilience and personal growth in contemporary cultural contexts.
In this webinar, we describe how our culturally grounded holistic healing and early intervention services work to provide the necessary resources and supports to families to prevent the need for Child and Family Wellbeing (child welfare) involvement or help families succeed so that time involved in child welfare services is minimized. We discuss how our services work together and work with external Indigenous and mainstream services to strengthen parents and children at risk of involvement in child welfare services or who are already working with child welfare services as part of their healing journey.
Join our host Terri Jaffe, and the following panelists:
- Pat Green, Knowledge Carrier;
- Daniella Robinson, Supervisor of Bekaadendang Program
- Jennifer Gray, Supervisor of Early Years
- Jessica Wilson, Manager of Early Years & Community Programs
- Julianna Meawasige, Supervisor of Aboriginal Child and Family Centre
- Siobhan McCarthy, Director of Holistic Services
- Jeffrey Schiffer, Executive Director;
- Mark Atanasoff, Director of Quality Assurance & Decolonization
Recorded webinar available for viewing.