Delivering Smiles at Amazon Corporate
Amazon helped support communities in dozens of countries across the globe this holiday season and throughout 2020—partnering with local organizations to provide meals to underserved families and vulnerable seniors, and providing disaster relief support, emergency aid items, and millions of dollars in product and monetary donations to schools and toy drives.
- Amazon donated to thousands of charities worldwide this holiday season, including over a million dollars in monetary and product donations to charities across Canada, including $60,000 to CP24 CHUM Christmas WISH and $15,000 in gift cards to CTV’s Toy Mountain.
- As part of Amazon’s longstanding pledge to help end child hunger, in October Amazon Canada announced a new multi-year commitment to Breakfast Club of Canada. In addition to a $500,000 donation for the 2020 holiday season, which provided over 300,000 breakfasts to Canadian youth this year, Amazon Canada announced it will donate more than $250,000 per year to help Breakfast Club of Canada distribute an additional 155,000 breakfasts annually.
- Amazon also made a $250,000 donation to five Canadian charities addressing hunger and the well-being of underserved children and families impacted by COVID-19, as part of its longstanding commitment to Right Now Needs. Building on this initial commitment, Amazon Canada launched an employee donation match campaign in Canada over October and November, matching 100% of employee donations, up to $10,000 per employee, to True North Aid, Backpack Buddies, Breakfast Club of Canada, Daily Bread Food Bank Toronto and Food Banks of Quebec.
- With the help of Toronto Maple Leafs Alternate Captain Mitch Marner, singer and songwriter Alanis Morissette, Amazon Canada employees and customers, thousands of gift cards, toys, books, electronics, supplies and more were purchased from wish lists created by Canadian charities across Canada at ca/deliveringsmiles, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Connected North, Inuuqatigiit, Arctic Children and Youth Foundation – Umingmak Centre, and many of the charities already mentioned above.
- See how Amazon gave back around the world via our virtual map here.