imagineNATIVE Short Film Programme Soars Again with Air Canada!
Those of you travelling on Air Canada to any of its destinations worldwide (or to imagineNATIVE this October!) will have the exclusive opportunity to view a selection of imagineNATIVE’s films on Air Canada’s enRoute In-Flight Entertainment system. Now celebrating its third year, and with new presenting sponsor TD Bank Group, the “imagineNATIVE presents: Canadian Indigenous Shorts” programme will be available on Air Canada’s in-flight entertainment system from September 1 through October 31, 2013 on all Air Canada flights worldwide, featuring work by Canadian Indigenous filmmakers.
“We’re incredibly excited to partner again with Air Canada and Spafax on this amazing initiative, and with our new programme presenting sponsor, TD Bank Group,” says Jason Ryle, imagineNATIVE Executive Director. “Through this project millions of people each month in five continents will have the opportunity to enjoy Canadian Indigenous-made work on their Air Canada flights.”
This program features outstanding short films from Métis, Inuit and First Nations artists, including:
- A Red Girl’s Reasoning, Director: Elle-Maija Tailfeathers (Blackfoot/Sami)
- The Smoke Shack, Director: Kaniehtiio Horn (Mohawk)
- Barefoot, Director: Danis Goulet (Métis)
- The Dancing Cop, Director: Kelvin Redvers (Métis)
- I’m Beginning to Miss You, Director: Sakay Ottawa (Atikamekw)
- Being Brown, Director: Ziibi Cameron (Ojibway)
- The Joy of Living, Director: Jérémy Vassilious (Innu)
- The Language of Love, Director: Marie Clements (Métis)
Please check us out within the In-Flight Entertainment programming guide on the Air Canada enRoute website for September and October 2013 at www.aircanada.com/entertainment.
Take off to the skies on Air Canada and enjoy a slice of imagineNATIVE!
Thank you to partners Air Canada, Spafax Canada and to presenting sponsor TD Bank Group for supporting this programme.