Important KRMA Extraordinary General Meeting Notification
Kootenay Region Metis Association
Kootenay Region Métis Association (KRMA)
Please be advised that a KRMA Extraordinary General Meeting has been authorized, as per the KRMA Constitution and bylaws on Saturday, July 28th, 2007 located in Cranbrook, BC. The KRMA Extraordinary General Meeting will be held at the Knox Presbyterian Church located at:
2100 3rd Street South
(off Victoria Drive)The KRMA Extraordinary General Meeting is scheduled to begin at 1:00 PM and will discuss the dissolution of the KRMA Society.
KRMA members will be able to register for the Extraordinary General Meeting from 9:00 AM until 12:30 PM at the same location. KRMA members who do not register prior to 12:30 PM will not be eligible for vote. KRMA members whose names appear on the KRMA master list or who are in possession of the KRMA membership card are eligible to vote.
The Extraordinary General Meeting agenda will include the following:
1. Opening Prayer
2. Welcome and Opening Comments – Roger Ridge KRMA President
3. KRMA Overview 2006-2007
4. That MNBC Kootenay Regional Director (or some other designate) be authorized to request and receive all KRMA documents, material, accounting and books being held by or in the control of KRMA finance officer on KRMA’s behalf and that KRMA finance officer be instructed to release to the MNBC Kootenay Regional Director (or some other designate) all KRMA documents, material, accounting and books being held by or in the control of KRMA financial officer on KRMA’s behalf
5. That current KRMA finance officer be discharged from her duties as KRMA bookkeeper effective immediately;
6. That MNBC Kootenay regional director (or some other designate) be entitled to open and review all KRMA mail received by the Cranbrook Office at Suite 2-131 7th Avenue South and to deal with the contents of such mail in a manner as deemed appropriate in his or her sole discretion;
7. To include in the agenda items for the extraordinary general meeting, the following resolutions items for the members in attendance at the extraordinary general meeting to consider and adopt or ratify:
– That based on it’s financial circumstances and other concerns, the Society (KRMA) be dissolved or wound-up and that the resolution of the KRMA board of directors to dissolve the Society (KRMA) dated July 28th, 2007 be ratified;
– That, upon winding up or dissolution, the assets of the Society (KRMA) be distributed and/or disbursed in accordance with the provisions of it’s bylaws and, if no direction for the distribution and/or disbursement of the assets is provided for in the KRMA bylaws, the assets be distributed or disbursed to and for the benefit of a society of similar purpose;
Please ensure your attendance at this important KRMA meeting. A Métis potluck dinner will be organized following the meeting beginning 5:30 PM.
KRMA Board of Directors