Iqaluit Health Services Searching for Patient Partners
Are you interested in providing valuable insights and perspectives that will contribute to enhancing healthcare services at Qikiqtani General Hospital and Iqaluit Public Health?
Iqaluit Health Services is seeking six applicants to join its newly formed Patient Engagement Team to work closely with Iqaluit Health Services staff and leadership on developing short and long-term goals to improve healthcare services for Nunavummiut.
Interested applicants must:
- have experience as a patient or caregiver of a patient who has received care through Qikiqtani General Hospital or Iqaluit Public Health;
- be interested in healthcare systems and contributing to a positive change;
- be open-minded and comfortable with sharing your thoughts and feedback with a group of healthcare workers and policy makers;
- interact well with others from different backgrounds; and,
- be able to commit to 1-4 hours of group discussions per month for a two-year term.
This is a volunteer position. Priority and preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Selected participants will be provided with taxi vouchers as well as food and beverages for in person meetings.
If you are interested, please contact Sabrina Dent-Hastie, Clinical Advisor for Iqaluit Health Services, with a letter of interest by email at [email protected] or by phone to discuss at 867-975-8600 ext. 5038.
Department of Health