Métis Early Learning Parent Workshops 2022
August 10, 2022
Do you have a child between 0-12 and are looking for support and resources through the MNO? MNO’s Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Education Support Advocates (ESA) are pleased to invite families to attend a series of educational and interactive sessions. These sessions are geared towards parents who want to enhance their understanding of their child’s developmental stages and learn skills to support their children who may be experiencing challenges.
Each Métis Early Learning Parent Workshop focuses on a different theme. Topics to be discussed include; navigating disability funding, school readiness, and introduction to special education.
The workshops will take place once a month on Thursday evenings virtually over Zoom and run between 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Each workshop will include time for discussion with an ELCC Education Support Advocate. Registered participants will receive an Agenda and Zoom link information one week prior to the workshop.
2022 Parent Education Workshop schedule
- Early Learning Speech and Language Development – April 28th, 2022
Registration Period, April 11th- April 15th, 2022
- Partnering with Schools for Student Success: Effective Parent Advocacy – May 26th, 2022
Registration Period, May 9th- May 13th, 2022
- Disability Funding Navigation – June 23rd, 2022
Registration Period, June 6th- June 10th, 2022
- Welcome to Kindergarten and School Readiness – August 25th, 2022
Registration Period, August 8th –August 12th, 2022
- Benefits of an Inclusive Classroom – September 29th, 2022
Registration Period, September 12th – September 16th, 2022
- The Importance of Play and Learning Happens Everywhere – November 3rd , 2022
Registration Period, October 10th – October 14th, 2022
- Intro to Spec Ed and Developmental Screening Tools – December 1st , 2022
Registration Period, November 7th – November 11th, 2022
This workshop will be available for parents/grandparents/guardians who meet the following criteria:
• One participant per family must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
• Have at least one child/grandchild between the ages of 0-12 years
• Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
• Willing to participate in a digital environment
To register to attend the workshops, please e-mail Nicole Dube at [email protected]étisnation.org and use “Métis Early Learning Parent Workshops” as the subject line. Please include the following information in your e-mail: Your full name, preferred e-mail/phone number, ages of children (between 0-12), and the city or MNO Region you reside in.
For any questions, please e-mail Nicole Dube at [email protected]