MNBC – Métis Youth Opportunity: Earn your Mental Health First Aid Certification
The MYBC Committee is offering fully funded Mental Health First Aid Standard Certification to self-identifying Métis Youth between the ages of 15 to 30 years old, living in BC. Métis Youth interested in joining an upcoming Métis Health sub-committee are encouraged to register.
To learn more about this opportunity, reach out to Brittney Bertrand at [email protected].
Dates and Hours of Session:
- Course Module 1 (self-guided)
- To be completed independently by the participants prior to the virtual classroom dates (information will be emailed to registered participants)
- Course Modules 2 & 3 (virtual classroom via Zoom)
- Tuesday, May 11 & Tuesday, May 18, 2021
- 3:00 – 6:00 PM Pacific time both days
Mental Health First Aid Standard is an evidence-based program of the Mental Health Commission of Canada and moves away from a traditional medical model, focusing instead on a community-based approach to mental health support and intervention. The program employs a highly interactive blended model comprised of 3 modules. Upon successful completion of all three learning modules participants earn a nationally recognized certification issued by the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Limited spots are available. Registration closes on April 23, 2021.
Register by emailing Brittney Bertrand at [email protected].
Click here or on the image to get a downloadable PDF of the poster.