MUN: Update regarding the request form for on-campus research and scholarly activities from the vice-president (research)

by ahnationtalk on January 22, 2021322 Views

I am writing to advise of an update with respect to requesting access to on-campus spaces for the purpose of activities related to research and scholarly activities.

As you are aware, Memorial is resuming on-campus activities for staff effective Feb. 1, 2021. As a consequence, the COVID-19 Research Working Group (CRWG) is pausing on the requirement for requests to access on-campus spaces for the purpose of research. This pause is taking effect immediately but will be reactivated as warranted by the situation in the province related to COVID-19.

Researchers are still required to follow the CRWG request process for fieldwork (within or outside of the province) and for all research involving face-to-face interactions with research participants (see the Face-to-Face Interactions with Research Participants Request Form here and the Fieldwork Request Form here).

For Level 2 requests related to fieldwork and research involving face-to-face interactions with research participants, researchers must submit the request forms to their dean or school head (see the CRWG Framework here for campus specific procedures). For all research requiring ethics clearance or Indigenous group permission, researchers must ensure that such permissions and ethics clearances, or amended protocols/clearances, are linked or uploaded in ROMEO.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your excellent cooperation with the processes we have put in place under the COVID-19 circumstances. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if we can be of help to you as you continue to advance your research programs.

Dr. Neil Bose
Vice-President (Research)
Jan. 21, 2021


Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More