NT Government: Media Advisory – Ministerial Activities Advisory for the week of December 1-7, 2020
Ministerial Activities Advisory for the week of December 1-7, 2020
Please note that travel schedules may change with little or no notice. This schedule is accurate as of November 30, 2020
· Diane Archie will be travelling to Hay River with a stop at the Department of Infrastructure’s Highway camp in Edzo on November 30.
· Diane Archie will be visiting the Marine Transportation Services, the Buffalo River Camp and touring the Hay River Airport in Hay River on December 1.
· Paulie Chinna will be attending the Senior Centre Grand Opening with MLA Bonnetrouge on December 1 in Fort Providence.
· Diane Archie will be touring the Northwest Territories Power Corporation, yard and central repair area as well as a tour of the Biomass Project in Hay River on December 2.
· Diane Archie will be visiting the Department of Infrastructure’s Highway camp in Fort Providence on December 3.
· Caroline Wawzonek will be attending multiple meetings regarding the Great Slave Commercial Fishery in Hay River on December 7.
Meetings and Appearances
Please note that event organizers may have attendance restrictions for their event. Contact organizers for more information.
· Caroline Wawzonek has a meeting with SSI Canada on December 1.
· Caroline Wawzonek has a meeting with NorthwesTel on December 1.
· Julie Green is attending the Tłı̨chǫ Community Services Agency Board meeting on December 2.
· Caroline Cochrane, Caroline Wawzonek, R.J. Simpson, Paulie Chinna and Shane Thompson have an Intergovernmental Council conference call on December 2.
· Shane Thompson will be briefing the Standing Committee on Economic Development and Environment on Transboundary Water Agreements on December 3.
· Paulie Chinna will be attending a Friendship Centre Meeting with MLA Lafferty and Executive Director of Łeàgı̨ą Tsʾı̨ı̨lı̨ Kǫ Friendship Centre on December 3.
· Caroline Cochrane and Caroline Wawoznek will be meeting with the Sahtu Secretariat Incorporated, Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government, Tłı̨chǫ Government, Gwich’in Tribal Council, and the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation regarding issues specific to the implementation of finalized agreements on December 3.
· Caroline Cochrane has a conference call with Council of Federation on December 3.
· Caroline Cochrane, Caroline Wawzonek and Diane Archie will be meeting with MP Michael McLeod on December 4.
· Paulie Chinna has a call with the Northwest Territories Association of Communities with Mayors and Chiefs on December 4.
· Paulie Chinna has a Youth Meeting with the Dene Nation Chief on December 4.
· Paulie Chinna has a Housing call with the Acho Dene Koe First Nations Chief on December 4.
· R.J. Simpson has a virtual Provincial/Territorial and Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministerial Conference call on the Canadian Francophonie on December 4.
· Julie Green has a virtual meeting with the NWT Disabilities Council Board on December 4.
· Caroline Cochrane has a conference call with Honourable Dan Vandal, Federal Minister of Northern Affairs on December 4.
· Caroline Wawzonek has a conference call with Cheetah Resources on December 4.
Media and Communications Coordinator
Government of the Northwest Territories
Ph: 867-767-9140 ext. 11092
Email: [email protected]