NU Government: Mental Health and Addictions call for funding proposals
26 January 2022
Public Service Announcement
Mental Health and Addictions call for funding proposals
The Department of Health’s Mental Health and Addictions Division is accepting funding proposals for substance use initiatives for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
Non-profit organizations and community governments in Nunavut are encouraged to submit funding proposals for community-led projects focused on problematic substance use and addiction prevention, treatment, harm reduction and aftercare initiatives.
Activities eligible for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Youth substance use prevention.
- Substance use counselling for individuals and families.
- Cultural activities targeted for people at risk of problematic substance use.
- Recovery groups.
- Harm reduction initiatives.
- Capital planning.
- Other innovative addiction treatment initiatives.
One application for multiple eligible activities is encouraged, depending on community needs. The deadline for submissions is March 25, 2022. Late submissions will be considered if there are funds remaining. For more information or to apply, contact [email protected]
Department of Health