NunatuKavut Community Council: Education MOU signing event a success!
October 5, 2022
On September 30, 2022, a Memorandum of Understanding on Education was signed among the Province of Newfoundland Labrador, the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District and the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC). The event was emceed by Bryn Wood, Director of Research, Education and Culture at NCC.
Over 70 people were in attendance to help us celebrate. Dignitaries included:
- Todd Russell, President of NCC.
- Scott Reid, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Education, Hon. Dr. John Haggie.
- Hon. Lisa Dempster, Minister Responsible for Indigenous Affairs and Reconciliation and Minister Responsible for Labrador Affairs.
- Christina White, Assistant Director of Education (Programs – Labrador) for NLESD.
- Yvonne Jones, Member of Parliament for Labrador.
- Dr. Amy Hudson, Chief Governance Officer, NCC.
- Sandwich Bay Residential School Drummers.
Please click here to read the news release about this exciting event!