Nunavut Youth Ambassador Program – 2016 Arctic Winter Games
October 28, 2015
The Sport and Recreation division of the Department of Community and Government Services is looking for enthusiastic and active Nunavut youth to be ambassadors and volunteers for the 2016 Arctic Winter Games hockey events in Iqaluit.The Nunavut Youth Ambassador Program is open to Nunavut youth between 16-23 years of age. To be eligible for the Youth Ambassador Program, applicants must:
- Complete the application form.
- Be 16-23 years of age at the time of the Games.
- Include two reference letters.
- Submit a recent criminal records check.
- Be a resident of Nunavut.
- Be available to travel to Iqaluit and submit proof of approved leave from employer if employed.
- Be able to participate in training session in Iqaluit on January 21-24, 2016*, leading up to the Games.
- Be able to attend Iqaluit hockey event from March 6-11, 2016.
*Date subject to change.
If you would like more information or are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Jeff Seeteenak at [email protected] or 1-888-765-5506
For more information about the AWG Nunavut Youth Ambassador Program, contact:
Sport Development Officer
Department of Community and Government Services
Communications Officer/Policy Analyst
Community and Government Services
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: