OTF: Community Building Fund – Capital stream resources now available
August 19, 2021
The Community Building Fund – Capital stream provides support for non-profits, Indigenous communities and Municipalities in the community sport and recreation sectors.
The Capital stream will help strengthen communities by supporting the repair, renovation or retrofitting of existing sport and recreation facilities to address local community need or public health requirements identified through COVID-19.
Organizations need to operate or manage sport and recreation facilities in Ontario that serve the public at-large, and must be one of the following:
- A charitable organization or public foundation registered as a charity by the Canada Revenue Agency
- An organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation without share capital in a Canadian jurisdiction
- A First Nation / Métis / Inuit or other Indigenous community
- A Municipality
Project costs will help organizations address community need or public health requirements identified through COVID-19. Types of costs that are eligible include construction/renovation, fixed equipment, and development costs.
- Organizations can apply for up to 100% of their total project cost up to a maximum of $500,000, with the exception of municipalities with a population over 20,000 that can only apply for up to 80% of their total project cost.
- Minimum request amount is $10,000.
- Term length is 6 or 12 months.
- Applications will be accepted starting September 1, 2021
- Application deadline is September 29, 2021, 5 pm ET
Eligible organizations looking for application support can connect with OTF in the following ways: