QIA: PSA – Call for applications, various boards and councils
The Qikiqtani Inuit Association (QIA) is looking for energetic and dynamic individuals to fill the following board and committee positions. To be considered, candidates must be actively and personally committed to represent the interest of Qikiqtani Inuit and have a sound understanding of the Nunavut Agreement as it relates to the roles and mandates of the position.
Nunavut Trust (three year term)
The Nunavut Trust protects the settlement funds for Nunavut Inuit. The Trust is responsible for the investment policies and objectives. The Trustees provide general stewardship and oversight regarding Trust portfolio strategies, overall asset mix, and other issues raised by the Trust from time to time.
Nunavut Disabilities Council (one-year term)
The Nunavut Disabilities Council promotes awareness, opportunity, choice and participation in all aspects of life in Nunavut for all people with disabilities to achieve independence, self-determination and full citizenship for all Nunavummiut.
Kakivak Grants and Loans Appeals Committee (three-year term)
This committee meets as needed to review appeal(s) of rejected funding applications that are made to Kakivak Association’s various programs and services. Applicants cannot be employees of Kakivak, QIA, or any of the associations or corporations controlled by QIA.
The following Committees are also seeking membership:
- Iqaluit CJPMC for Sylvia Grinnell/Qaummaarviit Territorial Parks – one position, 3 year term
- Kimmirut CJPMC for Katannilik Territorial Park – one position, 3 year term
- Clyde River CJPMC for Agguttinni Territorial Park – One position, until June 2024
- Grise Fiord CJPMC for Sylvia Grinnell/Qaummaarviit Territorial Parks – one position, 3 year term
- Auyuittuq National Park JPMC– 3 positions, 3 year terms
- Qausuittuq National Park JPMC – one position, 3 year term
- Qausuittuq Park Planning Team – One position, until completion
- Quttinirpaaq Park Planning Team – One position, until completion
QIA wishes to ensure complete Inuit participation in the implementation of the Nunavut Agreement. As such, QIA has implemented an open and accountable process for considering qualified candidates. Please note that a criminal records check may be required for appointments/nominations.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter, in Inuktitut or English, stating which position you are applying for, and demonstrating your skills and experience.
All applications should be sent to:
Qikiqtani Inuit Association
P.O. Box 1340
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Phone: (867) 975-8400
Fax: (867) 979-3238
Toll Free: 1-800-667-2742
Email: [email protected]
For more information about these specific opportunities, please contact QIA or the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) in your community.
The deadline for all applications is September 27 at 5:00 PM EDT.