Nature-based solutions can play a vital role in decarbonization, establishing climate resilient communities, creating jobs and protecting biodiversity. Coming on the heels of the first UN Summit on Biodiversity, Scaling Canada’s Nature-Based Solutions: Who, How and What’s Next brings to life examples of scalable, real-world actions that will help Canada meet its commitments to a net-zero carbon future.
Taking a practical look at ‘who,’ ‘what,’ and most importantly, ‘how,’ the session delves into what key players are doing to advance nature-based solutions in Canada. Hear from industry experts in the field of natural climate solutions, with an opportunity to participate in the ‘People’s Panel’ by submitting your questions in advance of the event. Select participants join our panel of nature-based solutions experts and thought leaders on-screen for the question-and-answer segment.
– Elizabeth Shirt, Managing Director, GLOBE Series
– Toby Heaps, Chief Executive Officer, Corporate Knights
– The Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Government of Canada
– Denise Chang-Yen, Manager Development, Nature Based Solutions, Shell Canada
– Chief Marilyn Slett, President, Coastal First Nations
– Alastair Handley, President, Radicle Balance
– Roy Brooke, Executive Director, Municipal Natural Assets Initiative