Seeing Everyone: Gender Diversity Data – Statistics Canada Virtual Event on August 22, 2022
Statistics Canada is celebrating Pride Season and honouring the rich history, achievements, and contributions of LGBTQ2+ people and communities.
You are invited to Statistics Canada’s upcoming virtual Data Story “Seeing Everyone: Gender Diversity Data.” This event will highlight results from the 2021 Census, including new information about sex at birth and gender, and diversity of couples.
- Monday, August 22, 2022 from 12 pm to 1:30 pm Central Time, virtual event
- Registration deadline: Monday, August 22, 2022, 11 am Central Time
- Register here. Space is limited.
Following remarks by Josée Bégin, Director General, Labour Market, Education and Socio-Economic Well-Being, Moderator and Public Service Pride Champion Jason Bett will lead a panel discussion featuring:
- Dominic Beaulieu-Prévost, Director, Department of Sexology, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Mona Greenbaum, Executive Director, LGBT+ Family Coalition
- Harlan Pruden, Co-founder of the Two-Spirit Dry Lab and Indigenous Knowledge Translation Lead at Chee Mamuk, an Indigenous health program at the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
- Anu Radha Verma, Research Manager, Community-Based Research Centre
The event is open to the general public.