Sky-Deer attending AFNQL Chiefs Assembly
(Kahnawake – 27, Seskehkó:wa/September 2023) The Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke (MCK) would like to inform the community that Ohén:ton Í:iente ne Ratitsénhaienhs Kahsennenhawe Sky-Deer is in Tiohtià:ke for the Assembly of First Nations Quebec-Labrador (AFNQL) Chiefs Assembly, today and tomorrow (September 27 and 28).
Agenda items include:
- Review and directions – Chiefs’ Retreat (August 31, 2023)
- Draft Resolution to change election date for AFNQL Regional Chief
- Presentation by a candidate for National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations (AFN)
- Updates on the Language Portfolio, Bill C-53, Bill C-92,
- Visit of the UN Special Rapporteur on drinking water
- Meeting with CEO of Hydro-Québec
- Proposal and draft resolution for First Nations and Inuit Committee on Energy Sector and Political Principles for Managing Energy Development
Ohén:ton Í:iente ne Ratitsénhaienhs Sky-Deer is expected back in the office on Friday, September 29.
Political Press Attaché
450- 632-7500 ext. 50289