Staff hospitalized after violence at Winnipeg Foodfare store – CBC

by ahnationtalk on May 15, 202446 Views

May 15, 2024

News conference cancelled

Three employees of a Winnipeg grocery store were sent to hospital Tuesday evening, police say, and a 17-year-old is accused of assaulting them while wearing brass knuckles.

Officers were called around 6:40 p.m. to the Foodfare on Portage Avenue at Burnell Street, but the attacker was gone when they arrived, a police news release said.

The three staff, men age 19, 22 and 46, were all taken to hospital with upper-body injuries.

Police said the accused teen was in the store earlier in the day and escorted out by staff. They did not say why.

He returned with the weapon and attacked the three men before running away, police allege.

Read More: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-foodfare-violent-incident-portage-avenue-1.7204678

Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More