Tahltan Nation COVID-19 Emergency Management Update 06/17
- In-territory residents are allowed essential travel only within Northwest BC (Terrace, Prince Rupert, Kitimat and as far as Smithers only), without having to self-isolate for 14 days upon return to the Territory.
- Those who travel within Northwest BC are now mandated upon their return to wear a mask in public – health centres, stores, post offices, band offices and when entering any facility that limits the ability to social distance – for 14 days upon return.
TAHLTAN NATION COVID-19 LOCKDOWN PROTOCOL
- If/when a positive test for COVID-19 has been confirmed, by health officials, in any of the three Tahltan communities, all the communities will go into immediate lockdown.
- Emergency Management Committee’s and/or Tahltan leadership (President and both Chiefs) can declare a lockdown; however, only Tahltan leadership can lift the lockdown order upon approval from the Public Health Officer.
What does lockdown mean?
- Gates go up, if they are not already in place, and no one will be permitted to enter or leave any Tahltan community;
- Band controlled businesses and community facilities will close immediately;
- One person from each household will be designated to go out and get essential supplies. That person’s name must be registered with his/her local EMC; and
- Everyone must remain in their homes. No one can leave until PHO has completed their contact tracing and verifies everyone who needs to be quarantined or isolated is quarantined or isolated and there is no longer a threat to our communities.